Preparing food that’s safe to eat isn’t just about the way you cook it, but also in the way that it’s preserved. A freezer alarm helps to protect against food-borne illnesses and keeps food from spoiling.
Sometimes outages happen when you’re away, and it’s best to be aware of it. Staying informed about your freezer temperatures not only keeps you from getting sick but also saves you money.
It’s costly to lose a weeks worth of groceries, and have to pay out money for more food.
There is virtually no downside to owning a freezer alarm, but it’s helpful to know what you should look for when you buy one.
What Is a Freezer Alarm?
Often a freezer will malfunction, and it goes unnoticed. It might fall below the required temperature or temporarily shut off. When that happens, food runs the risk of spoiling.
And mistakes happen, so if you accidentally leave the freezer door cracked open, you need to be aware of it. Your best defense against unsafe food is a freezer alarm. You can view the stats from your freezer temperatures while you’re away and get alerts if the temperature rises above the preset minimum.
What Is the Best Freezer Alarm?
This new technology might be unfamiliar to you, and that’s okay. The information listed below will give you a full rundown and insight on honest reviews from other customers via Amazon or the manufacturer’s website.
- Digital Thermometers: Includes one refrigerator thermometer and one freezer thermometer that transmit readings to the...
- Easy-to-Read LCD Display: Comes with magnetic backing for fridge mounting and a keyhole for mounting on a wall
- Customizable Temperature Alarms: Be alerted to temperature spikes caused by mistakenly leaving the fridge or freezer...
The starting monitor is an AcuRite brand that most people seem to love. It allows you to store food at safe temperatures and displays the temperature in your freezer at its high and low points. A programmed alarm notifies you audibly and visually when the temperatures exceed the minimum.
It also includes a magnet on the back to place on the freezer and a keyhole for mounting. And you have the option use Celsius or Fahrenheit; it measures 40 to 100 degrees Fahrenheit or 40 to 37 degrees Celsius, but that’s not all. Check out what else it has to offer:
- One-year warranty
- NSF safety verified
- Transmits every 16 seconds
- Wireless range up to 75 feet (23 meters)
Most customers stated that it lived up to its expectations, and they like that it has two monitors. Some people experienced the accuracy being a bit off, or trouble with their batteries, but overall the feedback was positive.
The next runner-up is the Refrigerator Thermometer Wireless Digital Freezer Thermometer, and it has a lot to offer. It monitors the conditions of the freezer and contains both indoor and outdoor built-in sensors. The wireless console provides audible and visual alarms when the temperature rises above the programmed minimum, and the outdoor wireless range is up to 328 feet. You also have the option to place your monitor on a table or mount it on the wall. Check out these other features:
- Easy to read LCD screen
- 433 Mhz transmission frequency (updates every 60 seconds)
- Easy installation
This freezer alarm got excellent reviews.There was one review about a faulty sensor, but that complaint wasn’t a trend.
- EASY TO READ: Large LCD Display 5/8” Numbers, Toggle from Indoor Room to Refrigerator / Freezer Temperatures.
- (2) TWO ALARM SETTINGS: High and Low Temperature Manually Set Alarms
- TEMPERATURE RANGE: -58 to 158°F (-50 to 70°C) with an Accuracy of +/- 2°F
This Iapsales freezer alarm is another well-rounded monitor. It comes with an easy to read LCD screen and two alarm settings. Three mounting options are using a magnet, a keyhole, or a flip-down stand. The temperature ranges from 58 degrees to 158 degrees Fahrenheit, with an accuracy of about two degrees below or above the actual temperature. It also features a water-resistant wire sensor and is designed with a stainless-steel finish. Look at what else it offers:
- Audible alarm
- Detachable wire sensor
- Monitors the freezer, refrigerator, and incubator
According to most customers, they were satisfied with the product, but some frost builds up on the monitors and state that the alarm isn’t very loud.
Nithing Freezer Thermometer Alarm
- 【EASY TO READ】: Large LCD Display Digital Big Numbers, inner and outer temperature conversion. Outer temperature is...
- 【DOUBLE ALARM FUNCTION WITH LED INDICATOR】: High and Low outer or freezer temperature manually set alarms....
- 【RECORDS MIN and MAX LEVELS】: Minimum and maximum temperature memory stores high and low readings with MIN/MAX...
The Nithing freezer alarm has a bit of a different design, and it’s available in a one-pack or a two-pack. It comes equipped with a double alarm with an LED light that will flash when it sounds off. The screen is easy to read and displays large digital numbers. It’s also suitable for indoor and outdoor freezers has a two-degree Fahrenheit accuracy. And the great this is it comes with a 365-day warranty from the date of purchase, but that’s not all. Take a look at its other features:
- Three mounting options
- Sensor cable for freezer and refrigeration monitoring
- Stores high and low readings
Most were completely satisfied while others complained of difficult to follow installation instructions. And some stated that the magnets for the freezer are weak.
- Includes two wireless temperature sensors with waterproof probes
- Remote temperature range: lithium batteries: -40°F to 140°F
- Remote temperature range: non-lithium batteries: -4°F to 140°F
Next on the list is a freezer alarm that more costly than the other on the list, but it has a lot of bells and whistles. This Ambient monitor includes thermometer and console that allows you to read and update the thermometer sensors remotely. It’s capable of monitoring up to eight sensors at a time, and the remote sensors have a suction cup that applies to the freezer. You can manually reset the memory for the temperature and put it into scroll mode for sensor checks every five seconds. Here’s what else it has to offer:
- Waterproof sensors
- Easy to read display
- Updates every 60 seconds
Once again, this is another satisfactory freezer alarm for customers. Some people owned more than one freezer and loved that this product monitored more than one at a time. On the other hand, a few people mentioned the distance and the signal not being as strong through walls. Besides that, most customers were happy with it.
- SMART DESIGN: Quartz accuracy and waterproof material, which makes you use very convenient. Lightweight and small size...
- SIMPLE TO OPERATE : No complicated controls, it is the simplest electronic thermometer with only two buttons. Press the...
- TEMPERATURE RANGE: The temperature range is from -20°C / -4°F ～ 60°C / 140°F , You can use in the refrigerator,...
Last on the list is the Eocean, and this lightweight device is waterproof with a simple interface. It contains only two controls and the temperature ranges from four degrees Fahrenheit to 140 degrees Fahrenheit. The display screen has large digits making it easy to view the stats. It also includes three options for placement. Take a look at these other benefits:
- Frost Alert Monitoring
- Energy Saving
- Magnetic Back, hook and stand
Most customers loved that it was easy to read and had outstanding accuracy. And more importantly, they felt as if they received a lot of bang for their buck. Although this brand is inexpensive, per the reviews, it exceeded customer’s expectations.
Are You Ready to Safeguard Your Freezer?
The great thing about technology is that you no longer had to be in the dark about things that are important to you. Having a handy device to monitor important information on your behalf is amazing.
You never have to worry about coming home to melted ice cream or popsicle ever again. And as you can see from this list, a freezer alarm is inexpensive and well worth the headache that it saves you!
Last update on 2021-07-26 at 15:25 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API